At SwingOut Manchester, we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy may be altered or updated from time to time. It is therefore recommended that you check it regularly to ensure you are happy with this policy.
Who are we?
We are SwingOut Manchester Ltd. A registered company with Companies House since July 2017. The companies registered address is International House, 142 Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4EF. Based in Manchester, UK, we provide classes, workshops and events in Swing Dancing.
How we collect data from you?
We obtain data from you when you use visit our website and in particular when the website is used for contact or transactional purposes. For example, data is obtained from you when you contact us directly through the website via our contact forms. Additionally, data is obtained from you when using the online store for the purchase of any goods or event tickets.
What information may be collected from you?
Data obtained may include the following:
- Contact information (telephone, email)
- IP Address
- What pages you visit whilst browsing the website
Legal Basis for collecting this information?
This data is obtained as part of the process for completing purchases via the website’s online store. Name, address and contact details forms information required for appropriate verification to complete online transactions. This is to protect this service from misuse and to comply with our legal obligation to ensure the company is operating lawfully.
How your data is used?
Data obtained via interacting with our website may be used for the following purposes:
- Identifying a customer in the case of a customer query (with the expressed permission of the customer).
- Identifying a customer upon check-in for one of our events.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
No. SwingOut Manchester has a strict policy of not sharing your personal data with any third parties. This applies to all of your personal data. An exemption to this policy can only be made in the instance of the following:
- Legitimate formal order from legal or police authorities in the investigation of unlawful activity.
- Expressed affirmative consent of the data subject.
How long will your data be held for?
Data obtained from you will be held and securely stored by SwingOut Manchester for as long as necessary. This period can be different depending on the reason why the information was obtained. For a more detailed description:
Ticket Purchase: Personal data obtained when purchasing a ticket to any of our events will be held until 24 hours maximum after the event has taken place. Anonymised sales figures are archived for each event and all personal or sensitive data relating to the customer is securely deleted.
Goods or Merchandise: Personal data obtained when purchasing any goods or merchandise from our website will be held until 24 hours maximum after these goods or merchandise have been received by the customer. Anonymised sales figures are archived for goods and merchandise and all personal or sensitive data relating to the customer is securely deleted.
Contact Enquiries: Any data obtained via directly contacting the company via the website will be held until 24 hours maximum after the enquiry has been completed to the satisfaction of the person or persons making the enquiry.
Your rights to your data?
As a user of our website you possess the right to the following:
- To access, view, and download any data we possess on you.
- To be forgotten, i.e. to have any data collected previously and not related to current transactions or uses (outlined above) to be securely deleted.
- To be informed promptly in the instance of any data breach at SwingOut Manchester.
If you wish to initiate any of the above processes, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we will be happy to help you.
In the instance of a data breach at SwingOut Manchester, we will contact you promptly within 24 hours of our awareness of such an event. This contact will be made in the following order of preference.
- By telephone – we will ring you personally to inform you and advise you.
- By email – if we do not possess a contact number for you.
- By letter – if we do not possess either a contact number or email for you.
At SwingOut Manchester we ensure that any data obtained and held on you is stored securely and only handled in compliance with this policy and by authorised employees of SwingOut Manchester.